Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Perseverance

About a week ago, I tried to twist off the top to a 16oz Mt. Dew and I failed completely. I was totally thwarted. I tried wrapping my shirt around it and twisting, drying off my hands, I even knocked the plastic bottle against various surfaces in an effort to loosen it somewhat.

Every day since then, I've pulled it out of the fridge for a couple minutes to see if it was ready to yield its delicious treasure. But there was no such luck. I was legitimately worried that there was some kind of factory error and opening it wouldn't have even been a possibility. In case of such an event I was thinking of ways in which I could try to pierce the bottle and drain it into some kind of waiting receptacle.

Today I finally brought some pliers into the mix and... Success!

After my first swig I looked sincerely at the bottle and said aloud, "I was NEVER going to give up on you."

This is my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home