Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Anyone want some free milk?

I have some free time.

One thing that I'd like to do is to purchase a cow. I'd also like to purchase the equipment required for pasteurizing and homogenizing milk. Then I would take some time to learn how to milk a cow, and how to use that equipment to make delicious drinkable milk.

After doing that, I would like to find someone who likes milk, someone who drinks milk every day. And I would like to enter into a longstanding agreement with them whereby every day I would give them fresh, delicious milk for free. I would make it clear that nothing was expected in return, that I merely wanted to give them free milk every day from my cow.

Then after several months or even a couple of years pass by, I would offer to sell them the cow. I would offer to sell the cow at a reasonable price, but I would make sure that the person knew that this was the same cow from which that person had received free milk all of that time. And I would make sure that they knew that if they didn't buy the cow, they would still receive the milk for free.

I'd be interested to see what they'd do.

Question: Is an analogy really valid if the comparable situation has never really existed? Like, I'm sure at some point someone actually counted their eggs before they were hatched. Is anyone else asking these sorts of questions?

Maybe I have too much free time. But I have an inkling that there's at least a chance that my free-milk-receiver will buy my cow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home